Syllabus for FPSC Gilgit-Baltistan Competitive Examination-2015
5. WRITTEN EXAMINATION
(1) The medium of the Examination shall be English or Urdu.
(2) The Examination shall be passed by a candidate as a whole and not in parts.
(3) The written examination shall include the following papers. Each paper shall be of 100
marks and 03 hours duration:-
1. Civil Law
(i) Civil Procedure Code.
(ii) Court Fee-Act (with Bare Acts)
(iii) West Pakistan Civil Court Ordinance 1962
2. Criminal Law
(i) Code of Criminal Procedure (with Bare Acts)
(ii) Pakistan Penal Code
(iii) Qanoon-e-Shahadat Order 1984
3. Islamic Law
(i) Islamic Jurisprudence
(ii) Mohammadan Law (Fiqa Hanfi and Fiqa Jaffaria)
4. Major Acts
(i) The Gilgit-Baltistan Pre-emption Act 2010.
(ii) Suits Valuation Act. (iii) Contract Act
(iv) Limitation Act. (v) Arbitration Act
(4) For whatsoever reasons, a candidate who misses any papers of written examination for
medical or any other reasons shall not be allowed to appear in the remaining papers.
(5) If a candidate misses a paper for any reason, separate examination in that paper
shall not be arranged for him/her.
(6) The object of the examination is to test the ability of the candidates in practical application
of law rather than the range of their theoretical knowledge. For this purpose, that type of
questions will be asked.
(7) Will be to state facts of a typical case and ask the candidates to frame issues, to write a
judgment and to discuss the admissibility of evidence.
(8) Credit will be given for the use of legal phraseology.