SAMPLE PAPER PCS/FPSC/ ENGLISH LECTURER MCQS PUNJAB/KPK/SINDH
1)Repetition of same vowel sound ?
2)The poet who used extensive alliteration ?
3)Wuthering heights written by ?
4)The poem “Byzantium” is written about ?
5)Carl sadburg born at ?
6)T.S Eliot was ?
American by birth; British from 1927
7)Wasteland of Eliot is dedicated to ?
8)Shakespeare acted in one of plays of ?
9)Elizabeth Sewell born in ?
10) Linguistics is combination of ______ words ?
11)Sound produced with obstruction of air ?
12)Semantics meaning ?
“Study of meanings”
13)Word language consists of two_____ words
14)Simon is character in one of ________ novels
15)”Everyman in his humour” written by ?
16) Caretaker written by ?
17)Waiting for Godot’s originol language ?
18) Stream of consciousness ?
19) “Sejanus” is satirical tragedy by ?
20)Unified sensibility ?
21)Winding Stair is poem by ?
Unification of senses
23) Time machine-the invisible man written by ?
24)The egoist written by ?
25) Hardy’s own classification of novels?
26)George Eliot wrote Adam Bede at age of ?
27)Age of George Eliot ?
28) Chaucer was ?
29)Renaissance period ?
30)King Lear written in ?
1603 to 1606
31)17th century’s historical event ?
32)Paradise lost was written in ?
33)1660 – 1790 is rise of ?
I chose “Drama” but it’s not confirm.Kindly confirm it
34)Literature became secular towards end of ?
35)Tragicomedy of Shakespeare is also called ?
36)Type of literature,art or music is called ?
37)Enthusiastic addiction to study of Greek and Roman antiquity led to ?
None (Because it led to hellenism,romantism)
38)Prospero was protagonist of ?
39)Age of Pope is called?
40)Metaphysical poet is essay by ?
41) Treatise on liberty written by ?
42)Figure of speech,exaggeration for emphasis ?
43) Adonis written for ?
44)Songs of innocence and experience belong to ?
45)Original title of Pride and Prejudice
46)Shelley’s first work?
47)First writer of Picaresque novel ?
I chose Thackeray.Kindly confirm it.
48)The road not taken by Frost is included in his collection ?
49)Bacon was intellectually great but morally weak.Who said this ?
50)Swift’s irony fused into ?
51)Nothing is beneath science,nor above science.who said ?
I chose Russell
52)Bird in “Ancient mariner” ?
53) Milton got blind in age of ?
54)Hemingway’s nick in later age ?
55)Donne’s faith ?
56)John Keats gave up career of ____ to become a poet
57) Poet who studied at Cambridge but got no degree ?
58) Which century is most important epoch in intellectual history ?
59)During age of Chaucer,England passed through ?
60)Marlow’s primitive tragedy ?
61)Shakespeare comedy rival ?
62)Shakespeare comedy contain continental and ?
63) Shakespeare’s heroines have ?
64)Who emerged as philosopher in “Merchant of Venice” ?
65) Which play started with incident of ship wreck ?
66)Sir Gwain and Green knight poems were written in ___ age
67)Process of introducing new words ?
68)War between flesh and spirit in which novel of Hardy ?
Jude of the Obscure
69)Norman conquest in ?
70)Queen Elizabeth descended throne from ?
1. Robert Stuart 2. Robert…. 3. James Stuart
71)University wits estimated literary period is little more than …….. years.
10 years, 8 years, 7 years, 6 years
81)Ulysses poem was written by?
82)Far fetched metaphor ?
83)Because I couldnot stop for death written by ?
84)Ted Hughes and Sylvia Plath were?
Husband and wife
85. People do not exist in _______but in functioning______
86. The military censors______passages in letters that they thought might_____ security.
87. Only a ____person could be ______to the suffering of people
88. Volcanic rock very often looks shiny because it had been _____
89. Fire station had been gone on______ at once
90) antonym of callous is